Wednesday 25 August 2010

Day 3 - The Rainbow of Lard


Still here? Fabulous. Own up though - how many of you are eating right now as you read? If you are, what are you eating?

Still fat, still working on it.

How do I know I'm fat? Well, overweight is the term. My BMI is over 28, and when I look at the purdy charts so commonplace these days I'm firmly in the wrong band for my height (I'm 5ft tall).

Weight's only one factor of course, as anyone will tell you. Ultimately, my clothes fit poorly and I want more confidence. My clothes won't fit better unless I lose weight, so that's what I'm hoping to do.

How much should I weigh? Well, again consulting the illustrated rainbow of lard, somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 stone. Ouch. that's 2 stone less than I am now, though personally I would probably be happy with 9 stone. I was 9 stone before I married, and before I first fell pregnant. That'll do me.

How about you then? Which colour are you on? There's also a helpful calculator here to make you feel really good about yourself...

I wasn't always overweight. In fact I was underweight till about 10 years ago. I see in my skinny (the link tells me, underweight) daughter my own childhood. Skinny as a rake, with a teeny waist that meant nothing ever quite fit right.

Did I think I was underweight? No, of course not, and when teenage years came crashing upon me I decided I was actually too fat, or at least the wrong shape, being a proper pear. Of course I wasn't. I was bloody gorgeous. But there you go...


What did I eat today?

Slice of bread and extra-light Philly at 5am (those early feeds are killers)

Mini Shredded Wheat and milk

Ham salad wrap, and a Light Choice hot cross bun

A Shapers bar as a snack

A Light Choice ready meal, pasta with peas, broccoli and cheese sauce, with some extra grilled chicken thrown in.


Exercise of the day:

Rocking a screaming 12lber for approximately 2 hours.


Product of the day:

Tesco Light Choices Cheese and Broccoli Pasta. I microwaved this, and it was actually pretty good. I added extra grilled chicken within my allowance, and otherwise I think I would have felt it too bland. In any case, it bought me ten blissful minutes away from the screaming boy-child, and that's worth a pound of anyone's money.

2 comments:

  1. You ate such a little amount - impressive self control

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear of sharting is a powerful tool Zoe...!

    ReplyDelete