Monday 30 August 2010

Day 8 - Drum roll, please...

Ah, Bank Holiday Monday... an extra day of rest. I had some lovely 1-1 time with my eldest and my youngest, and the winds have receded somewhat. We played games, sang songs, I filed my nails...

Okay, okay, you don't really care do you? You want to hear the magic words? Well you'll have to wait. Patience, along with cheese-forbearance, is a virtue my child.

Woke up at 6, pottered around, went to the scales. Oh goodness, the trepidation. Would my 7 (count 'em) followers be laughing with or at me? Did it matter that I hadn't been to the loo yet? Should I bother taking my PJs off? Breathing in? Breathing out?

Apparently there is a 'correct' way to weigh oneself. I have one of those Weight-watchers-approved Tanita Body Fat schmancy scales. I have, however, learned long ago to hop 'lightly' off the scale before it zings my body with whatever electric shock it needs to calculate exactly how far into the Too Damn Fat side of things I fall. Hop on, hop off. Hop on, hop off. Hop on... best of three.

So that's what I did today. No animals or small children were scared in the measuring of this weigh-in...


Weekly weight:

10st 5.0lbs


What I ate today:

Mini Shredded Wheat and milk, followed by a slice of toast spread with low-fact cheese

Shapers chewy snack bar

Chicken and tomato sandwich, Shaper crisps, Mullerlite yoghurt

Crab and Asparagus risotto

The last of the Tesco Light Choices hot cross buns


Exercise of the day:

None.


Product of the day:

M&S Count on Us Orkney Crab and Asparagus Risotto. Mmm... sounds 'haute', elegant and delicious?

Do NOT be fooled please! Oh, for a start it looks nothing like the ivory creamy plateful on the packaging. It's very pink. And it has bits in it (to be fair, it is a shellfish dish). And it's sloppy, and smelly, giving it both the appearance and odour of cat sick (I should know).

In the interests of research and my 7 followers (tell your friends, dammit!), I took one for the team, held my nose and ate it. It was okay. It tasted like fish paste crossed with ambrosia rice pudding, with parmesan on top. It is not something I would ever buy again, and I am pretty easygoing with food. Ah well, lesson learned. That's 8g of fat I won't see again...


Did you notice by the way? It's working! Extra pressure now into week 2...

3 comments: