Saturday 28 August 2010

Day 6 - Treading Lightly


I'm treading lightly today.

It all seems to be going okay, but I don't trust it. Now I have got through the first few days when it could have all just gone out of the window, I've got Monday looming... the day after tomorrow... what if I haven't actually lost any weight? I'm going to look and feel bloody stupid, and it's going to be almost unimaginably hard to motivate myself to keep going... ugh.

La la la not happening!

So, anyway, we went to Barleylands today. We're season ticket holders and I love that it's a farm park that's still got the farm bit going on. The last Saturday of the month means a Farmer's Market - a covered barn with local produce shown, and a LOT of it was in handy sample sizes on cocktail sticks. Danger! Danger! Whoop! Whoop!

Okay, I succumbed. The Merguez sausages from Giggly Pig were gorgeous. My eldest tried pretty much every lump of cheese and cracker and chutney combo in the place, as well as the bread pudding and blueberries. In total I had a few bits of sausage, a smidge of cheese straw and a couple of bits of bread. Not tooooo bad?

Lunch was a bit dull. Given that nothing had labels, nor could I pre-research food, I had a choice of a ham salad baguette (no spread, I checked) or a jacket potato. I appear to be one of the only people in the world who doesn't enjoy jackets so baguette it was. Dull but functional, not as appealing as the sausage, chips and beans my husband and daughter shared.

Having walked around the farm and shops, we returned home for an afternoon net-bashing (me) in preparation for a fundraising sale I'm helping to organise.

Brain sufficiently distracted, we're almost at Day 7...


What did I eat today?

Light Choices Hot Cross Bun (actually that was last night - I was starving)

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and milk (found a sample pack in the cupboard)

Nibbles as listed

Ham salad baguette (and a stolen chip, I cannot lie)

Pizza and salad for dinner... yes, pizza! See below. And a Mullerlite


Exercise of the day:

Walking around the farm, carrying my eldest child in a sling, all 25lb of her.


Product of the day:

M&S Count on Us Ham and Mushroom Pizza. A teeny tiny amount of calories and fat, but let's be honest, not the largest pizza either. Still, it meant I could have pizza just the same as my husband and eldest child, and for me part of the diet means hiding from my daughter any obvious food differences she might question.

The base was nice at the crust, floury and with a home-baked texture. The mushrooms were a bit flaccid and damp, but the ham was in good chunks. Overall, the centre of the pizza was a little soggy, but it was a fair excuse for a pizza, overall. Worth trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment