Monday 4 October 2010

Challenge Two - Let's Shred


Like the new look? (the blog, not the woman over there >)

Okay, Challenge 1 complete, time for the next stage. So as well as maintaining my diet and finishing off my Alli supply, I'm going to introduce exercise.

Which exercise have I chosen? Well, it's a fitness DVD called the 30-day Shred. Popular among my friends, I've decided to try it for these reasons:

* Quick fix - do you know nothing about me?! The promise of results in 30 days sounds fabulous. The DVD does promise 'up to' 20lbs loss but then it also advises a diet plan, plus I'm guessing that's not a guarantee for those of us at the lower end of the fat scale. Still, it promises results of one kind or another, let's try it.

* Support - my friends are at various stages of trying it, so the support is there (I have also had lots of prewarning about pain...)

* Weather - it's rainy out. Let's stay in instead!

* Time - it's a 20min workout, once a day. Surely I can fit that in?

Well, today was all about the preparation. The DVD plopped onto my mat (thanks postie) and I settled down with my 5m old boy to watch it (admittedly, he wasn't as motivated but then he only weighs 14lb. Goodness me, I want to lose his bodyweight and more... gulp).

I think it's important to watch at least the first bits of a fitness DVD before you attempt it, so you understand the context of the whole thing, and also so you have the right equipment.

For this DVD I will need:

* Trainers and leggings

* A mat for floor work

* Some weights or tins of beans/similar

* Gaffer tape for the children

From watching it, it looks doable. There is an 'easier' version of most moves, demonstrated pretty well. I guess the only way to know is to try, so I will start tomorrow.

Wish me luck!


Weigh-in:

A reminder, 10st 2lbs


In other news:

Not a bad food day, though I celebrated with B&J FroYo and a few chocolate fingers... oops.


Try it yourself:

The 30-day Shred. I found it cheapest at Play.com, £5.99 including delivery.


Who's in?

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see how you get on - always looking for a way to shift the baby weight

    Love the bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!
    I shall watch with interest as mine is still in the cellophane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine arrived yesterday - reminds me of pe at secondary school except this time I want to do it
    Good luck Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about this with all the comments flying around. Have already got a gym membership and a wii fit I don't use that often though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete