Thursday 7 October 2010

Day 2 - Two Full Bottles and a Changing Mat

Well, I did it again. Go me! I'm now 1/15 through the programme!

I woke up this morning and I was uncomfortable. Mainly in my left shoulder and in my knees (as expected), but surprisingly not anywhere else, which I attribute to my active day yesterday.

By 8 in the morning, I was was shredding again.

Today I compensated more than yesterday - I found I didn't have the same range of movement as yesterday, firstly through knackeredness and secondly through strain in my shoulder and knees.

It was interesting to do the circuits for a second time though, and I was able to reflect on some of the activities.

Most of the arm activities I find pretty easy, but looking at them again they seem to serve a dual purpose, as a rest between more dynamic sections. In one you need to pull and press the weights ahead of you, and upon looking at it again it seems to be more a distraction to an exercise in maintaining a tightened core and demi-squat than anything. The 'boxing' section seems to be a limbering side-event.

Or maybe I'm not doing them right!

As I said, I compensated a little more today, but it still felt like I had worked. I've been less active today, and as a result I have slight burn in my left shoulder and in my front quads (is that the right term?). I need to find a better cooldown, definitely.

I also need new weights. One of my bottles started to leak mid-circuit...


In other news:

I felt like having a quarterpounder with cheese, so I bloody well had one. I did only have a diet coke though... I'm awaiting diet-related treatment effects lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment