Saturday 9 October 2010

Day 4 - Disaster...

It is getting easier. I had been assured by friends that after day 3 things would start to feel easier and actually they have done. I wasn't even sure I would be exercising today as I felt so strained last night, but I was actually fine this morning (God bless memory foam).

I found I was able to follow the whole of level 1 without any adjustment except the second lot of skipping in circuit 1, and a slightly-less-adjusted position in the sit ups.

Today I also found when I was carrying my 2st daughter she felt light as a feather - hopefully this means something is improving somewhere?

The disaster? Well at the end of circuit 1 I heard my husband's key in the front door. Husband and children had been banished from the house this afternoon while I exercised, but just 8 minutes in, my eldest had fallen and cut her hands. Cue abandonment of the DVD while I helped him to calm her and soothe her cuts, before resuming the DVD when she was settled with Daddy and a story upstairs.

Do you like to exercise with others around you? I'm still way too self-conscious, plus my 3yo would be annoyingly distracting...

"Mummy, why are you doing that?"

"Mummy, watch me, I can do a jump [falls over]"

"Mummy, why does your belly jump up and down when you run?"

Sob.

That does mean that if I'm to undertake this DVD 6 times a week (Tuesdays having already been declared impossible) I'm going to need the co-operation of my lovely husband. Thanks darling!


In other news:

Today I exercised in the afternoon, when it fit in best with the family plans. previously I've exercised in the morning. Looking on the net I have found articles that say first thing is best, others that say the afternoon and evening matches your muscular peak. What works for you? Comments welcome below!

1 comment:

  1. we have wiifit and the active trainer, plus davina's workout.. I don't use any of them at all because i need to do it when no one else is around - so I understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete