Monday 6 September 2010

Day 14 - Exercise!

Yes, you never thought I would, did you?

So far my Exercise of the Day section has been a bit... lacking. Shopping, and child-wrangling mostly. You'd think with the amount of shopping I do I'd be a millionairess and able to pay for lipo, but no. Shopping can involve a loaf of bread and a pint of milk, but it is a trip Outside, and any new mum will tell you that's good enough, sometimes.

Pushing a buggy isn't the most exercise I'll ever do, especially as I have a beautifully light version. I drive pretty much everywhere too.

I haven't always been this sedentary. At school I wasn't great at sport but I tried. I even represented my school twice - once at shot put (awful) and once in the 200m sprint (came last, but a personal best). I walked to and from school - primary, secondary, and university. I even did step classes at one point.

I guess there came a point where driving to work became more appropriate than walking and public transport. And of course before I fell pregnant the first time (5 years ago) was probably the last time I rode my bike.

I could of course inject some activity into my life through attending a class; after my holiday this month I'll be hoping to start beginner's swimming lessons (yikes), which, if it goes well, will be wonderful.

I think the key though is to inject activity into my daily life, so I don't even notice it, much like this diet I'm doing. As soon as the youngest has more of a routine I think I shall do just that. Yes, it's an excuse of sorts, but it's there. Even now, the only reason I'm typing this is because he's asleep; unfortunately he's asleep on my lap so I can't do more at the moment. All suggestions gratefully appreciated...

I've mentioned the buggy walk before - I forgot this morning. I shall try and remember for next week.

I did exercise yesterday though; I walked the Adidas 5k! I think it took me just over an hour, but to be honest I wasn't really paying attention, just having a good natter and raising some money for charity. Actually, it was almost my perfect exercise...


What I ate today:

Bowl of mini shredded wheat and milk

In an abortive attempt to find Pizza Express, I ended up eating a burger from a stall (no cheese though), some Shapers crisps and a low-fat fair trade bar.

For dinner I served home-made low-fat bolognaise pasta bake (no cheese for me), and a TLC garlic slice. Mindful of the impending weigh-in and the unkown fat content of my lunch, I did not have any dessert.


Exercise of the day:

The Adidas 5k women's challenge fun run, in aid of SANDs. There's still time to sponsor me - I promise I finished!


Product of the day:

Tesco Light Choices Garlic Bread Slices. The acceptable face of garlic bread, it's okay, though overcooking it renders it the texture of crispbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment