Tuesday 14 September 2010

Day 23 - Onwards

Yesterday was not a good day. I really struggled and the temptation to utterly jack it all in was strong. Part of what kept me going was the thought of you all, so please do keep following me, and tell your friends and enemies, and shame me into continuing!

So today has been a long one. At home with both children, both exasperating in their own unique and lovable (are my teeth gritted? No...) ways. I stayed strong, gentle reader, and I think I did okay. I'm hungry now, at a quarter to midnight, and that's a good sign I guess.

I did some surfing today while pinned by the smallest one.

I found a 'foods you mustn't eat' list and a 'foods you must' list. How do I score?

DO NOT
  • Pork scratchings - that's okay, I don't even know where I would get them if I wanted them
  • Fried desserts - I definitely haven't been eating these
  • Cheesy chips - I wish!
  • Fizzy drinks - I have so few pleasures - surely a diet coke isn't so bad? Who needs teeth anyway?
  • Alcopops - that would imply I had a social life
  • Liquid Meals - leave my Slim-fast alone!
  • Processed/Mystery meats - Spam is off the menu
  • Chicken nuggets - I leave these to my eldest anyway
  • Doughnuts - (Homer drool)
  • Canned soups - interesting about salt. I shall keep an eye out, as I do like soup when it gets colder

DO
  • Grapefruit - erm, fruit intolerance issues...
  • Cinnamon - can I eat cinammon buns then please?
  • Chili Peppers - Nandos. Sorted
  • Fennel Tea - Yuk?
  • Salad - booorrrring...
  • Green Tea - if I mix it with the Fennel will it taste better?)
  • Celery - no. Just no.
  • Lentils - I shall give these a whirl...
  • Dark Chocolate - isn't chocolate! I know British chocolate is closer to cheese than Swiss stuff, but I like it!
  • Quinoa - the mind boggles. I shall add it to the 'to try' list...


How about you? How do you do?


What I ate today:

Shreddies and milk for breakfast. I may not have mentioned it, but we always have semi-skimmed. I could go down to skimmed but as a family it makes more sense to stay with the semi.

Baguette spread with EL Philly, ham and tomatoes. Shapers chipsticks. Shapers snack bar.

Tesco Finest Chicken/Chorizo thingummy with mixed vegetables


Exercise of the day:

30 minutes washing windows, boxing, swatting ghosts and boogieing with the Eye-Toy (told you I had a plan)...


Product of the day:

Playstation 2 and Eye-Toy. An oldie but a goodie, you might consider this a precursor to the Wii-type platforms out now. Basically it's a camera, connected to a PS2, that 'reads' your movements onto the telly screen and uses those movements to make things happen on screen. So washing windows is a screen of suds, and as you move your arms and body the suds are washed off, and points are scored.

We had to dig ours out of the loft, and I still can't find my Kinetic disc (basically a fitness programme for it), but it was fun to battle my husband, burn some calories, and do something other than slob in the evening.

I have also found my old Davina DVD... hmm... watch this space!

1 comment: