Wednesday 1 September 2010

Day 10 - My friend Ben


Not a lot to report today. I do keep forgetting to take my Alli tablets at the moment, which is unhelpful really. I didn't pay all that money for them to sit in the cupboard, after all.

Anyway. I received today the 3rd Alli challenge email sent to me by Boots. I have no idea where the other 2 have gone to, this is the first one I've received. Glad I'm not depending upon the support, eh? The pearl of wisdom today: Get More Active.

You'll have seen from my posts that activity is not one of my strong points. My opportunities to go for a quick run are limited by a small child and the sleeplessness that follows. I've always preferred exercise which is incidental to my life, too. But both of those are excuses. I do need to up my activity, both in pursuance of this challenge and also for a healthier life long-term.

I've spotted a buggy-walk group near my home which runs on Mondays, so if I can organise myself adequately I might go and play New Girl at that next week. There's also some fab parkland around here, so I really don't have much excuse not to do something a few times a week. I also need to see if I can organise some swimming lessons at some point... now I just need a few extra hours in the day to fit in all the organising I need to do to make that happen! I shall just have to find the time.

Incidentally, I had already booked myself a place in the Adidas 5k women's challenge fun run this Sunday coming, in aid of SANDs. Feel free to lob me a few pounds for a great cause - I will be aiming to amble amiably around Hyde Park, not run, but it's the taking part...

What exercise do you do? Inspire me!


What I ate today:


2 slices of toast spread with EL Philly


A 1/4 Milkybar I found in the changing bag

A large (oops) ham and tomato baguette, spread with EL Laughing Cow spread

A Tesco Light Choices pasta bake, plus 2 slices of TLC garlic bread


1/6 tub of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen Yoghurt



Exercise of the Day:

Restraining the be-jabbed one, and rocking him to soothe him for the rest of the day.


Product of the Day:

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen Yoghurt. This stuff is fabulously low in fat and it's actually good. You know how some 'chocolate flavour' products taste like manky old generic hot chocolate mixed with dust? Well this is obviously not creamy like ice-cream, but it is yummy. The brownie pieces are big (albeit they have a slight coffee/mocha tang) and all in all it's a good way to spend your calories. Especially if you steal your child's bowl and spoon and make it all look bigger... 1/5 of a tub is just over 2g fat - bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment