Friday 3 September 2010

Days 11 and 12 - Two for one?

Sometimes life gets in the way of... your life really! It certainly has got in the way of my diets before now...

"I know I'm on a diet, but it's Fred's birthday..."

"I've had a crappy day at work and a takeaway will cheer me up..."

"I'm so tired I put the chocolate in my mouth before I realised..."

"I'm too busy/old/bored/ to diet..."


Ding ding! I think I just hit the limit on the Excuse-o-Meter...

Maybe before now I hadn't found the right diet?

I've been busy with life, ill and shouty children, that race I'm running (sponsored me yet?!), the sale I'm helping to organise, and my new desire to learn knitting and crochet simultaneously (learning simultaneously, I don't have an extra arm or anything), and while I dropped a day's blog (oops, did you miss me?!) and the camera has a film of dust on it, I didn't drop the diet.

I did climb on the scales this morning though, just because that nagging thought about being slacker kept tapping me on the shoulder... Possibly an ounce or two difference from Monday's weigh-in, which spurs me onto the path of diet righteousness for the rest of the week.

So here we go, let's see what I remember:


What I ate yesterday/today:

Mini shredded wheat and milk/Banana

Chicken and tomato rolls and a Shapers snack bar/Chicken and tomato rolls, 1/2 pack Shapers crisps and a Tesco LC hot cross bun

Fish fingers, chip and beans/Tesco LC Chicken Curry and two Tesco LC naan breads

1/6 tub Ben & Jerry's Fudge Brownie Frozen Yoghurt


Exercise of the day(s):

Nothing to write home about. Shopping. I have enquired about swimming lessons though!


Product of the day(s):

Calpol. And Calprofen. I could have waxed lyrical about weighing 100g of chips, the surprising amount of fat in fish fingers, how sloppy the curry was, or how I'm not yet bored with the chicken sandwiches... but these two big guys have been saving my day today. Hooray for medication...

No comments:

Post a Comment