Tuesday 28 September 2010

Day 37 - Treat Tuesday

Or should that be cheat Tuesday?

After my weigh-in yesterday I felt like having a bit of a blowout, but I didn't as eldest child demanded pasta for tea.

Today was my day of looking after both children solo, but instead I enlisted the help of PILs to look after my youngest and took my girl out shopping, lunching and hair-cutting. What did she request for lunch? Pizza. Eep.

Actually it wasn't 'eep' as I knew how bad fatwise the food was, and actually I was restrained. We both had the buffet option, and she had lots of pasta with her pizza. I had just three slices of pizza - when normally I'd have had a medium to myself, or the equivalent 6 slices. How virtuous!

Unfortunately upon my return I decided to invite the PILs to stay to a chinese takeaway, which obviously blew my restraint out of the water fat-wise: chicken fried rice, chicken balls, shredded chilli beef, prawn crackers, chow mein, spare ribs... mmm. Yummy, but not ideal.

I've already reviewed chain restaurants for their fat-accessibility, but how about takeaways? Well obviously portions are so muh harder to compare. Even our local chippy does a feast or famine thing with its portions visit by visit - sometimes we have enough to feed the street, sometimes we're all looking longingly at the last chip... you probably find the same.

Dimly remembering reading something about 'the healthiest takeaway' once, I searched and found this:

Happy reading!


What I ate today:

Weetabix and milk

TLC hot cross bun

Pizza Hut pizza (3 slices vegetarian)

Chinese blowout


Exercise of the day:

Shopping, of course! Oh, and washing the vertical blinds after FIL got bright orange sauce up them in freak accident. No, it will not come out. Just think what it does to your insides...


Product of the day:

Kids eat free at Pizza Hut! Okay, so you still need to buy their drink, but it saves a few pennies, even if it costs pounds (geddit?)

No comments:

Post a Comment